***This page has been removed from the VDC due to the Verizon Apps shutdown. Feel free to browse our other development areas, devices, APIs and Tools.***
In January of 2013, Verizon will start the process of removing the Verizon Apps application from ALL compatible Android & RIM devices. We anticipate completing this process by March 27, 2013. But, no need to fear. Most apps existing on Verizon Apps are already available on multiple app stores, such as Google PLAY, Amazon and BlackBerry App World. Business applications submitted to Verizon’s Private Applications Store for Business will continue to be available for purchase and download to enterprise customers
To further improve our services we’ll be introducing new merchandising strategies, starting with AppLuvr: an app that can help get your Android app discovered by millions of Verizon customers.
During this transition, Developers will still
- Have access to app metrics & reporting
- Receive payments while the shutdown client is being deployed.
The VDC portal will continue to operate and is still a developer’s gateway to all Verizon Tools & API’s, platforms, 3rd party partner tools, Forums and @verizondev.
For additional information, review our Community Announcement.
IMPORTANT: Effective November 1st, 2012, the VDC no longer accepts new app Verizon App submissions.
- We will notify Verizon customers that Verizon Apps is closing our apps storefront in January of 2013.
- Apps that require a monthly license check will no longer work after the Verizon Apps client is removed from customer devices, so we will be removing those apps from the catalog early in the process to prevent further downloads. These include:
All "paid" apps using the license/in-app SDKs - including any apps sold with the following billing models:
o Unlimited one-time
o Per download
o Usage based
o Monthly subscription
o All in-app contents
o Apps not using the license/in-app SDKs but being sold for monthly subscription
o "Licensed" free apps (i.e. free but using license checks)
- The VDC will no longer accept new app submissions.
- Final billing for all existing Subscriptions apps occurs. The customer will receive their full month of use & access, before Verizon begins removing the Verizon App client in Jan 2013.
- Monthly subscriptions will end on the customers renewal anniversary date.
- Removal of Verizon Apps starts from millions of devices in market.
- VDC Go To Market for mobile applications shuts down – All New Registrations and Upgrades end.
- Portal Developer Registrations and other VDC activity (e.g., access to Network APIs) will remain open.
|Jan- March 2013
- As millions of devices are updated and Verizon Apps is removed, downloads and licenses support stops.