Verizon Developer Community Forum

|   |   |   |   | 
kamran.moghaddam

Intermediate

My app uses the NBI Android APIs for location detection and I recently submitted it to Verizon for certification.

They failed it saying the following "App is able to locate the user even with all GPS and Location Services turned off on the device"

On the phone (I used SS Fascinate) I went to settings and unchecked VZW location services, standalone GPS and Google location services. The app is still able to detect the location.

How does the user disable location detection for NBI via the phone settings. Is there something I need to check in my code or is the NBI api supposed to return a location error if the settings are disabled?

I want to know if this is indeed an issue with my app or is it that way the API works?

rdonald

Superstar
[Avatar]

Hi, can you please tell me the name of your application?

Regards,
Rick

Rick
TeleCommunication Systems - NBI Team
kamran.moghaddam

Intermediate

The app is called "Find Me". It was failed in Intertek testing recently.

I was recommended to use continuous fix mode since NBI said there were issues with the way I wanted to get GPS accurate info.
rdonald

Superstar
[Avatar]

Hi,

If I remember correctly, you were having issues with getOneFix and not getting a timeout within 2 minutes. That issue has been fixed in the latest SDK release.

As for the other issue you are having with your app being rejected, we are looking into that issue.

Regards,
Rick

Rick
kamran.moghaddam

Intermediate

You are correct. I was recommended to use getOneFix for the app at that time.

Please let me know why my app is being failed as I am using the right API
rdonald

Superstar
[Avatar]

Hi,

I have checked, and the "Find Me" application is still in the testing status, it has not been denied. What you saw was a warning from a tester. If this is the only warning, then your application should go through.

Regards,
Rick

Rick
 |   |   |   |   | 
Go to: 
Go